It was such a blessing to be able to experience this trip to New Orleans with youth from my new church, First Trinity.
Here are some highlights and God sightings from the trip:
- Well, as an “initiation” of sorts to my new church, my wonderful coworkers prompted the youth group to tell everyone in the airport on the way that it was my birthday. The singing and birthday announcements continued not just for that one day, but yes, EVERY day of the gathering. 🙂 I even got a cupcake with candles out of the deal. 🙂
- Getting to see lots of friends and even family from all over the country.
- An opportunity to live out our faith cleaning up this lot with our group and 2 other youth groups. It went from THIS:
The kids (and adults) even worked in the pouring rain to make it happen.
- 5 of the girls donated their hair to locks of love.
- I loved opportunities to just have fun with the youth group and get to know them. Like this picture here after we built the St. Louis arch.
- We also saw God in Chef Randy who provided meals for us everyday so we could avoid long lines and expensive food. You rock Chef Randy!
- One of my personal favorite moments of the gathering was the mass Worship Service we had on Tuesday night. During this time, Jesus’ body was broken and his blood poured out for each and every one of the 25,000 participants. As I thought about the many family and friends I had scattered throughout that superdome, and heard the pastor talk about this being a “foretaste of the feast to come,” I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed. It was a tiny glimpse into heaven and what a cool though that despite how AMAZING this event was, it’s still nothing compared to what the celebration in heaven will be like!!!
- There are so many more God moments I could list from amazing conversations with youth to randomly meeting a girl who’s going to be a freshmen at UB this fall in the bathroom at a mass event. I had a great time and was truly BLESSED and filled with JOY to get to experience those 5 days with the wonderful Crossroads group at First Trinity!