While I was in Africa, I was amazed over and over again at how God works even in the littlest things. When I stopped to think about it, I realized that God wasn’t DOING more in Africa, but my eyes were just open to it because of the new situation. Upon my arrival back to America (and for the 2 months since then), my prayer has remained that God would keep my eyes open to the amazing work he does each day that I would have passed by or counted as coincidence in the past.
I admit that sometimes it’s easy to dwell on what we DON’T see him at work in, but below are some of the “little things” that have blessed me recently. I guess they’re not really “little”… they’re “God-sized”! And I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by them… He’s “simply” answering prayers. 🙂
- Homegrown fruit and vegetables from congregation members
- Seeing the youth excited to share their experiences at NYG with the congregation 2 Sundays ago and the Women’s Bible Class this past Monday.
- A package from my sister
- Volleyball on Wednesday nights – an opportunity to meet new people and exercise all at the same time while having fun. 🙂
- Getting to have lunch with my teammates each day
- A congregation member commenting that they were praying for me the whole time I was presenting at the VBS reunion on Sunday
- A classmate from school who has texted me every week for at least the past month asking how he can be praying for me and the things going on at my church
- Numerous phone calls, texts, e-mails and notes from friends/family with encouraging words… often at the “perfect” time.
- Moments of Laughter – like Addie imitating Sailor Jack saying “You’ve got to be kidding” or simply sharing joy with a friend
- Just “happening” to read the PERFECT verse in the Bible at the PERFECT time
AND SO MUCH MORE!
God… open our eyes to see YOU… even in the “little” things. Amen!
And now I turn the question back to you, my beloved blog readers… what “little things” has God blessed YOU with/through recently?