Last night at the Short Course Bible Class on Psalm 34 we talked about noticing (tasting) God all around us, even in the little things. Here are just a few little (and big) places I’ve tasted and seen God the last few days (in no particular order):
- A fixed closet door
- New fun colored pens to write letters to my friends
- Singing and learning about God with the preschoolers in Chapel
- Observing 22 youth go without so other could have
- Beautiful women to share life with
- Answered prayers
- Communion Sunday… the body broken. the blood shed. for forgiveness. for all. for each.
- Sunday Wanderings through the blogosphere
- Sharing and receiving “words that make souls stronger” (Eph. 4:29)
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers with Peanut Butter
- Cleaning my apartment one room at a time, knowing that God is doing the same in his house, my heart
- A candlelight dinner in my PJs with Jesus
- Bubble Wrap
- Opportunities to practice giving myself grace
- Brownies and a fun card from dad
- An extra 15 minutes of sleep due to no school for the preschool this week (though I did miss praying with all the teachers this morning)
- Laughter with staffmates
- Connecting with other interns
- Coming home to a clean house
- Homemade chicken fingers and fries
So what about you? Where have you tasted and seen that God truly is good recently?
1 thought on “In the Little things…”
I sooo love the idea of tasting God. It’s such an intimate sense, and yet, we can truly experience God that intimately. Crazy!