Too many to count today, but I’ll try anyway:
- Awaking to the sound of birds and all things spring.
- Pausing “just a few more seconds” in God’s Presence before rushing off to get ready for the day.
- An old dress that I haven’t worn in a long time…. so it felt like a new dress. 🙂
- Many compliments all day on said “new” dress.
- The aforementioned compliments leading to chances to learn some more names (Yes, I’ve been here almost 10 months and am still learning names. Thanks God, for the grace and humility to keep asking!)
- Weather conducive to skirts/dresses… FINALLY!
- MAY DAY… memories of many May Days past with daisies and gifting and joy on people’s faces. (Soon I hope to plant a garden, even if it’s just one pot on my balcony. I miss the flowers that grew outside of my apartment the last 2 years… and the many that grew outside my house growing up.)
- Finding another person at church who had actually done May Day baskets before (I think it’s more Midwest thing or something???).
- Watching high school students ask, and then wrestle with, the question, “What does it REALLY mean to be a Christian?”
- Witnessing 20 people stand before a family of faith and confess that they believe in Jesus and want to follow him all their lives.
- Bread and wine, broken and shed… for you … for me…. for forgiveness.
- Witnessing youth take the bread and the cup for the first time.
- God’s sense of humor as he was probably laughing along with the funny faces some youth make when they drink the wine for the first time. Giving grace as he literally gives grace.
- Listening as Jason said a special blessing for each confirmand that went along with their chosen confirmation verse.
- Sitting in the back of church reciting my own confirmation verse in my head:
…but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 29:31)
- Bending down to bless one specific little girl while serving communion, a visitor today I think, and seeing the PURE JOY and understanding in her face as I smiled and said, “Jesus loves you! He always has and he always will!”
- The First Trinity Youth Band… doing a wonderful job, once again, of leading people into worship. And this time… singing a song they wrote themselves for the Confirmation class and more so, for God’s glory! (Lyrics here.)
- The other bands doing a great job with the music as well!
- Confirmation Party-hopping. So much to celebrate!
- Coming home and crashing for a 2 hour nap on the couch.
- Good music and time to just chill while watching Phantom of the Opera.
- French Bread Pizza for dinner.
- Many special surprises being planned for people I love.
- Free…. washed in the water.
Free… to be God’s family.
Free… forever forgiven.
Free… free indeed.
- A text message reminder from a brother in Christ:
“Hey All! Song of the day: ”You Love Me Anyway’ by Sidewalk Prophets. I was just really reminded this weekend that Satan continually feeds us the lie that we arent worth anything, that we can never be loved, and that our past deeds keep us separated from Christ. But Christ speaks truth to us that no matter what, His love is always perfect, always pure, and always enough! Never forget that! Love you guys!”
- A new song in my heart, now also on paper.
- An unscripted time of praise… Jammin’ with Jesus. Thank you God for guitars!
And thank you God for this day. A day to simply be free in you!
1 thought on “An Overflow of Blessings”
Thank you, God, for Bekah! (And guitars, too.) 🙂