I don’t even know where to start. A little over a week ago I began a journey. At first glace it simply looks like a 3 week vacation between “the intern” and “real DCE”. But I prayed it would be more.
And more it has been.
Again… I still just don’t know where to begin.
I’ve started about 16 different paragraphs for this post and nothing seem to do the past week justice.
Here are two things I do know:
1. I am thankful that God made us to be in relationship with other people… to care for others, to love others, to need others, … to simply share life together.
2. I am thankful that God has placed so many amazing people in my life with whom to share life.
There is so much more packed into those two statements than I could ever explain. So, I guess for now I’ll just leave you with a few moments, thoughts, quotes, etc. from the past week or so that have made me stand in awe of our great God… true beauty, often in the little things (in no particular order):
- Having no plan, yet always being exactly where I “need” to be.
- “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Howard Thurman
- Sewing with my mom.
- “…apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
- Holding my BEAUTIFUL Goddaughter/niece as she sleeps.
- Getting the opportunity to carry my sleeping Goddaughter up to communion with me to recieve a blessing.
- Driving from Junction City to Topeka (the very START of my 3-state, 10 day, adventure) and driving under a rainbow AND a double rainbow in the process.
- Old friends
- New friends
- Seeing family I haven’t seen in years.
- 2.5 days with some amazing newlyweds in IA… being welcomed into their home and their lives.
- Swinging in the park with a friend.
- Surprising people.
- More laughter.
- Laughing so hard with an old friend that we cry… over some noodles in water???
- Hikes around camp.
- Hearing myself talk about how much I love my job as I interact with people I haven’t seen in a while.
- Sharing meals.
- God’s provision.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Strawberry Pie
- Watching sunsets.
- Late night conversations.
- Real relationships.
- New ways to connect with God.
- Feeling free.
- Cooking adventures.
- Playing with kids.
- And so much more…
- such as… prayers that as I prepare to begin a new stage of life in a couple weeks, that I would never forget what I’ve been learning these last few weeks about truly letting God direct each moment of the day… no worries… simply being… being all that I am and exactly who I am… content…. free… at home (which I’m coming to realize can be quite a few places all at once.)