After a week off, I was back prayer-running yesterday morning. I think I’m about halfway through the schools, though it’s hard to tell since some of them are close enough to double up… like I did yesterday with Central Christian Academy and Williamsville South High.
Below are some of the things I prayed for/experienced while out running:
- It was cold. So cold I had to clear ice off of my car before I could drive to the area near the schools. I was tempted to go back inside and crawl back into my bed, but thankfully, my purpose prevailed and off I went.
- The high school students at these two schools: Jon, Abby, Lian, Abbie, and Morgan, and their families.
- Other First Trinity students who attend CCA since it’s not just a high school.
- The teachers, staff and administration at these schools.
- The South marching band heading out to practice.
- All the school buses from all over WNY dropping off students at CCA… kind of neat to see all of them and be able to pray for all those school districts and our students at those schools as they went by.
- I think my favorite part about these prayer runs is being near the schools as students are walking in for the day. I was able to be at both schools during this time yesterday. I’m not sure what it is about it, but being there and actually seeing the students as I’m praying for them, makes it a little more real. I can wonder about their names, what their story is, what they want to be when they grow up… and while I know none of this information about the students I pass, God knows it all. It’s just cool to me.
I’m not sure if I’ll get to all the schools before it gets too cold to run outside, but I’m gunna try. Schools I have left to run at:
- Nardin, Canisus, Catholic Academy West
- Niagara Wheatfield
- Sacred Heart, Amherst Central
1 thought on “CCA and Williamsville South”