We hope and pray these prayer and devotion guides have been, and continue to be, a blessing to you. We have definitely been feeling your prayers for us!
Today, our team gets to jump into action and get a little dirty too! This morning we will join with neighborhood members to clean up and plant trees in Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx. In the afternoon we’ll head to Central park to be a part of an art outreach project. I’m not exactly sure of the details of what has been planned for us to do there, but from what I do know it sounds like it will be awesome! Our theme for the day is SERVE and we are excited for the opportunity to do just that in NYC today and are praying you find ways to SERVE in your own life. .
Please use the following ideas as you pray for us today and know that we are praying for you as well!
Saturday June 2 – Day 3 – SERVE
GET INTO GOD’S WORD WITH US:
Read Romans 12:3-8 with us and reflect on these questions:
- Where did you see people using their unique gifts today/this week?
- What sometimes keeps us from stepping up and using the gifts God’s given us?
- What is one gift, whether listed in the passage or not, that you could use to SERVE the church?
- How does the SERVE mentality help us to break out of “the pattern of this world” we talked about yesterday?
GET INTO PRAYER WITH US:
- Pray for interactions we may have as we serve alongside community members in Van Cortlandt Park. Pray that as we help them make new their park, that we might have opportunity to share about our Jesus who, in Revelation 21:5 says, “Look, I am making everything new!”
- Pray also for the man coordinating our project in Central Park today and that through it people may know Jesus.
- Pray for us and and yourself, that God would help you SEE ways to SERVE in your home, jobs, church, and beyond.
- Pray for continued energy and strength during long days of our trip and for the relationships developing between team members.
GET INTO ACTION WITH US:
- As we use our gifts to serve in NYC today, what is one place you can go out of your way to SERVE someone today?
- Plan an activity to do with your family or a group of friends to SERVE others in the next week or so.
- For those of you who attend First Trinity, perhaps you might want to get connected with some service opportunities that happen regularly like cooking or serving for Friends of Night People or joining the Saturday morning maintenance crew. Ask God to reveal to you (or remind you of) what gifts he’s given you and then USE them.