Monday June 4 – Day 5
Today we wrap up our trip and head to Buffalo. Our morning begins serving at the Wartburg Adult Care Community in Mount Vernon, NY before beginning our eight hour journey home. Thanks again for joining us on the journey!
GET INTO GOD’S WORD WITH US:
Read Isaiah 6:1-8 with us and reflect on these questions:
- This passage is often used as people first leave on a mission trips (especially the last verse which says: Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”). Why might we want to focus on it now, at the end of a trip.
- What are your most common excuses to God when you hear his call to serve?
GET INTO PRAYER WITH US:
- Pray for energy as we are all exhausted and achy from all the walking and carrying things around the city.
- Bless our interactions with the people at the Wartburg Adult Care Community that we may be a light to them.
- Pray for safe and quick travels back home to Buffalo.
- Ask God to help us carry what we’ve learned here into our everyday lives… to truly come back transformed!
GET INTO ACTION WITH US:
- Find one of the mission trip members you know and ask them about their trip. Specifically ask them what they learned about what church is and how they plan to make their lives different because of this trip.
- Ask YOURSELF to stop and listen to where God’s may be asking you: “Whom shall I send?” Once you see that place, what are you going to do about it?