Each month I send out an e-mail newsletter to parents and volunteers connected with high school ministry. Some pieces of that newsletter include:
- What’s Happening – Here we summarize what’s happening in our regular Sunday morning and Thursday night programming.
- What’s Coming Up – As you can probably figure out, his section of the monthly newsletter lists events or important dates coming up in our high school ministry.
- Resource Corner – Each month I try to provide links to helpful resources for parent, families, and/or volunteers These resources include anything from articles about communicating with teenagers and how to deal with issues they struggle with, to ways to connect around God’s Word as a family like Advent Devotions.
- Catch the Vision – This section each month is a place to share some details about a specific aspect of high school ministry and how it reaches some of our ministry goals. Recent topics in this area have been Summer Trips, “The Seven”, and Student Leadership.
- Share the Story – This is perhaps my favorite part of the newsletter each month as it’s a place to report somewhere that we’ve seen God moving in the lives of our students in the past month. It reminds us of what God has already done as we continue on in ministry.
- Join the Team – This is a section where people can find out what ministry opportunities are currently available in Crossroads. Some needs are long-term, while others are only a one-time commitment.
Since I’m already writing these each month, I figured it couldn’t hurt to share them here as well and let you all get a glimpse each month of what’s happening in high school ministry and join us in prayer and praise for the ways God is working through this ministry:
In the e-mail that accompanies these newsletters, I also try to include some prayer needs for the coming month. I invite you to join us in praying for the needs of our students, their families, and this ministry.
December Prayer Needs for First Trinity’s High School Ministry:
- For our Workcamp team which will officially meet for the first time on Dec 9. Pray that God would begin to do amazing things in and through this team before we even leave Buffalo.
- For our current and future volunteers that they would be encouraged and equipped for ministry
- For high school seniors as they are in the midst of college applications, scholarships, and decisions about future plans
- For some youth and families going through some difficult time that God would restore their hope in Him this Advent/Christmas season.
A few pictures from November (These are all taken on our NJ Hurricane Sandy Relief Trip.)