I cannot count the ways in which I’ve seen God at work in the last week, but I figured it was worth a shot trying. 🙂 In no particular order, thank you God for showing up in:
1. Peace and calm during times that could have been overwhelming and hectic
2. Friends to laugh with, cry with, read God’s Word with, share meals with, and just do life with
4. Homemade cinnamon rolls with my great-grandma’s recipe to share with friends
5. Reminders of my calling in Christ (picture below)
6. Prayers in an empty apartment moments after a moving truck rolls away; thanksgiving for time that was; expectancy for what’s to come
7. New friends, old friends, near friend, far friends
8. Lenten Prayers: Cover Me, Search Me, Break Me, Stretch Me, Lead Me, Use Me, Restore Me
9. Phone conversations with my family
10. Technology that allows me to watch my my niece color and show me her bracelets on my phone
11. Pictures of my nice holding her daddy’s hand after 9 months apart while he was deployed
12. Answered prayers… again and again and again
13. The honor of praying for and encouraging a few of the high school students as they reach out to hurting friends
14. Parents passionate about encouraging their children in their faith journeys
15. A warm comfy home, to enjoy and share and find sanctuary in
16. Colored pens making God’s Word come alive!
17. A new journal (and a chance to look back over God’s work in the months chronicled in the old one.
18. Hour long text conversations and prayers
19. Slaves rescued and lives changed
20. Laughter with teammates… lots of it!
21. Leftovers for lunch
22. Restored joy
23. Lingering Christmas decorations
24. Space heaters
25. Grace. Irresistible Grace.
And the list could go on and on and on…
God is present. He is near. He is alive and active. He loves us …. a lot! 🙂