Here’s what I hope will be at least a monthly post about the happenings in First Trinity’s Young Adult Ministry. With this post we’ve succeeded in making it 2 consecutive months, so there is hope! I invite you to take a moment, check out what’s coming up in Young Adult Ministry and join in praying for our young adults with the ideas below!
The LifeMatters Lifegroup for adults that’s aimed at those of us in the 18-35 age range continues to meet two Wednesdays a month. It’s a great chance to see relevant ways that God’s Word and life connect as we journey through life together and see what God’s Word says about it. We meet every other Wednesday at 8 p.m. During Lent we just meet at church after the Lenten service. Our current study is called, “The Lord is…” and we’re looking at stories of who God was in the Old Testament and how he hasn’t changed today! He still is our refuge, our salvation, our deliverer, and our purpose. Join us March 17 and 27!
Project Prom Dress
On March 17, don’t worry if you show up for worship and perhaps feel a bit underdressed at the sight of ladies wearing prom formals. It’s just people participating our 2nd Annual Project Prom Dress! Each year our high school and young adult ladies make a difference right here in our own community by collecting new or gently used prom dresses for area girls who would not be able to afford a prom dress. Part of the event involves wearing dresses to church on Sunday. After worship we pool together whatever money each lady brings and head to the mall for a shopping trip to purchase a few more new dresses to donate. We will be collecting dresses here at First Trinity between now and March 17 as part of the area wide Gowns 4 Prom program.
The dates are finally set for our 2013 Young Adult Mission Trip. We are heading back to the NYC area this year to help in Hurricane Sandy Relief Work May 23-27. We have invited other area churches to advertise this trip to their young adults and college students as well. More information and the application form can be found here. Please pass along to any young adults you know!
Ways to Pray for For First Trinity’s Young Adult Ministry
- Pray for our college students as they head into the last couple months of their semesters.
- Ask God to provide in amazing ways for young adults currently looking for jobs and internships.
- Pray that First Trinity would continue to grow to be a place where young adults feel not only accepted but valuable, a place where they “fit”.
- Lift up the Young Adult NYC Mission Team that is forming; pray that those who God desires to be on this trip would hear about it and apply; pray also for preparations for this trip including transportation, housing, and coordination with Lutheran Church Charities, the organization we are serving through.
- Pray for high school seniors that will soon be heading off to college that God would prepare them for that transition and make it one in which they draw closer to him.