God continues to be alive and active in First Trinity’s high school ministry! Here are some events and activities coming up along with ways to pray for this ministry and/or get involved.
Sunday School: Why All the Suffering and What Can I Do?
On Sundays we’re continuing to our series on suffering and pain in the world as we explore issues like poverty, human trafficking, homelessness, lack of education, gender equality, lack of clean water, HIV/AIDS, and more. We look at what the root causes of these issues are, how we see them around us and around the world, how God cares for people in these situations, and how He might want to use US to do it! This coming Sunday various stations will be set up around the room inviting students to make a huge impact on these local and world issues through prayer. Watch next week for a post about the various stations.
Project Prom Dress
On March 17, don’t worry if you show up for worship and perhaps feel a bit underdressed at the sight of ladies wearing prom formals. It’s just people participating our 2nd Annual Project Prom Dress! Each year our high school and young adult ladies make a difference right here in our own community by collecting new or gently used prom dresses for area girls who would not be able to afford a prom dress. Part of the event involves wearing dresses to church on Sunday. After worship we pool together whatever money each lady brings and head to the mall for a shopping trip to purchase a few more new dresses to donate. We will be collecting formal dresses, shoes, jewelry, and accessories here at First Trinity between now and March 17 as part of the area wide Gowns 4 Prom program.
The tradition continues! First Trinity’s middle and high school students will be serving breakfast on Easter morning between the services. Please join us for a chance to share a meal with our whole FT Family and celebrate our Risen Lord!
Ways To Get Involved
If you’re connected with First Trinity, we would love to have you get involved with high school ministry and there are many opportunities to do so. Contact me if you’d like to learn more about any of these opportunities:
- Opportunities on Sunday Morning: Come share 5-10 minutes how your faith and your job connect, share a testimony, sub or help teach,
- 30 Hour Famine in April: We’ll need help with coordinating with the other churches who are attending, connecting with organizations for service projects in the community, prepping our activities, running errands to purchase supplies, donating supplies, and more.
- High School Senior Blessing Breakfast in early June: make food, help plan the event, prepare senior gifts, decorate, and more.
- Donate dresses, accessories, or money towards Project Prom Dress
- Pray for our students using the ideas below
Things To Pray About
Please join us in praying about the following things this month related to High School Ministry:
- That each day our students would understand God’s deep love a little bit more. Ask God to give them wisdom and direction for every step in life.
- For our high school seniors preparing to graduate that God would lead them to whatever is next for them
- Our Workcamp 2013 trip coming up in July – pray for preparations for logistics of that trip as well as for the impact God will have in and through us while in Hasting’s MI
- For the 8th graders that will soon be in the high school group. Ask God to bless that transition and make it one in which they feel welcomed and encouraged in their faith as they head into high school.
- Pray for the parents of high school students that God would give them the wisdom and the grace they need as they lead in their families each day