Please join us in praying for our Workcamp Team of high school students and adults that leave today to serve others in Jesus’ Name in Hastings, MI this coming week!
Theme for the week:
“What Do You Stand For?”
Sports? Family? Fun? World peace? Church? The poor? Grades? Myself? Nothing?
The answers to that question are endless. But a person’s ultimate answer says it all. About themselves, their priorities, their possibilities, and even their destiny. Through the morning and evening programs, work crew devotions, and youth group devotional time, our participants will be challenged to think about what they stand for, and allow Jesus to speak into their answer.
Jesus put the issue of “Who do you stand for?” in front of everyone he encountered, and everyone seemed to have a different response. The crowds abandoned him. The disciples stayed with him. Pontius Pilate sided with the people. The sick and the poor had no one else to turn to. The Pharisees plotted against him. As we look at several unique interactions that Jesus had with people, we will see Jesus meeting the needs of people in many ways, and at the same time asking them profound questions that leave them changed forever.
Join us on this journey to discover “What Do YOU Stand For?”
- Leave church around 8:00 a.m.
- Drive to the Grand Rapids, MI area
- Team Dinner, Pool Party, and Games at the home of a member of our host congregation.
- Team Devotion and spend the night at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Jenison, MI.
- Safe Travel
- Relationship building that happens in the vans
- That God would use this time to prepare us for whatever he has planned for us in the week ahead
- Good night’s rest before heading on to Hastings tomorrow