Today my devotion has me reading Philippians 4:8-9. It says,
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, dwell on these things. And the peace of God will be with you.”
Every time I come across this verse I try to think of one thing for each category as a way to dwell here a while. In a world lately where everywhere I turn I find more tragedy, disaster, and heartache, this was a helpful exercise to pause and do today. And yes, it did being so peace!
- True – God loves us… all of us… even me.
- Noble – Firefighters working countless hours to battle fires in CA; first responders running toward the hard and messy and dangerous to save lives
- Right – taking time for self-care
- Pure – a little kid’s giggle
- Lovely – Bright purple and yellow flowers on my table from beautiful friends
- Admirable – Teachers doing the hard work of showing up day after day to love on kids as well as teach them and prepare them for life
- Excellent – An amazing team I get to serve alongside
- Praiseworthy – All the youth and young adults I see serving around the church and world impacting greatly the lives of those they serve.
What would be a few things that would make your list? Comment below!