As I mentioned last week, this is a space to reflect on the last week and remember where God showed up. Feel free to share your God Sightings in the comments below!
Here we go!
- Friends to share life with
- A true 24-hour space for Sabbath rest for the second week in a row after a season without much of that.
- In the ministry I get to do at the University at Buffalo we averaged 20-30 students each week last year with 35 being the highest we’ve ever had in two years since launching. Typically the first week of the semester is our lowest number. Last year we had 9 on the first day. This Wednesday, our first gathering for the year, we had over 70 students show up. I still can’t quite wrap my mind around it. What a gift of grace in the middle of a slightly overwhelming week. This was the ministry I prayed for and followed God into for YEARS before it finally came to fruition. To see it not only survive but thrive into it’s third year is such a beautiful testament to God’s faithfulness
- Flowers on my desk from a teammate one morning… just because.
- 4 a.m. moments of prayer
- Books about freedom and courage (You are Free by Rebekah Lyons and Imperfect Courage by Jessica Honegger)
- God’s Word in new ways. I recently downloaded the Dwell App on my phone. Whereas there are a lot of great Bible reading apps out there, Dwell is a new app that’s working to create a great Bible listening experience. I’m sold. In addition to having all of the New Testament and a growing number of the Old Testament books on the app in four different voices with music behind it, there are also plans and playlists. I’ve listened to the 15 minute “He Loves Us” playlist multiple times over this week and every time new things stand out to me from this same set of Scriptures played over and over.
- Four hours with a friend on a Friday night catching up after a crazy summer for both of us… sharing dreams, sharing struggles, sharing books and things we’re learning, sharing travel adventures, sharing doubts, sharing life.
Where did you see God working this week? Share in the comments below!