When this finally gets published to the web, I will be in Ohio with thousands of youth (16 from First Trinity) learning about Jesus and praising Him together. I can’t wait to get back Sunday and tell you all about it!
Yesterday I asked you to finish the sentence, “HOPE IS….”
Today, I want to ask you to do something as well. It doesn’t involved commenting (unless you want to), but today, I want to ask you to pray for people in this world, specifically in your life, that need hope.
For those in difficult situations, ask God to surround them with the assurance that He is faithful.
Maybe those people you know that need hope don’t even know God and so your prayer would be that in the midst of their hopelessness they would find Hope in the salvation Jesus has for them.
Maybe people need hope in the midst of an illness or the loss of a loved one.
Maybe they need hope in a marriage that’s falling apart or a child that is making some difficult choices.
Maybe the person that needs hope… is you.
Take a moment right now and pray that God would reveal Himself as the God of Hope to those people.
Need some ideas of where to start? Here are a few groups of people that could probably use some prayers for hope:
- The thousands of youth at the Acquire the Fire conference as we explore the theme “Collision: Mend the Broken” … that as they realize their brokenness, they would find hope in God.
- The people in Haiti and other areas hit by natural disasters recently
- People struggling with disorder eating, self-injury, depression or contemplating suicide.
- Couples in struggling marriages
- The MILLIONS of people unemployed in our country
See you all tomorrow for Day 25!